Sunday, July 23, 2006


Flaming Lips Tonight

Tonight we are going to see the Flaming Lips at the Hollywood bowl. The Bowl is a great outdoor amphitheater where you bring a picnic to eat either at you bench or at picnic spots around. It has been a magical experience everytime. You might be able to see the white Hollywood sign just to the right of my head.




I have been quite a fan since Transmissions From the Satellite Heart which is quite a masterpiece. The new album At War with the Mystics was a life changing experience for me. I stongly suggest seeing the documentary Fearless Freaks to shed light on the album. I am ready to be moved.

As a follow up to an earlier post, here are the top songs on my Mac mini iTunes:

The Will Always Negates Defeat (The Flaming Lips)
Given to Fly--live (Pearl Jam) --I know I'm as surprised as you.
Haven't Got a Clue (The Flaming Lips)
My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion--The Inner Life As Blazing Shield Of Defiance And Optimism As Celestial Spear Of Action--(The Flaming Lips)
The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song--With All Your Power (The Flaming Lips)
Everybody I love You (Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young)
Vein of Stars (The Flaming Lips)
The W.A.N.D (The Flaming Lips) Yes it's on here twice because I bought the single before the album. And yes, both make it into the top--one has one profane word erased. Total listens:67
Mr. Ambulance Driver (The Flaming Lips)
It Overtakes Me/The Stars Are So Big...I Am So Small...Do I Stand A Chance? (The Flaming Lips)
We Have Heaven (Yes)
Five Per Cent For Nothing (Yes)
Pompeii Am Götterdämmerung (The Flaming Lips)
Elephant Talk (King Crimson)
Goin’ On (The Flaming Lips)
Discipline (King Crimson)

This is what I have been listening to lately. Much more positive, but it wouldn't make a great set unless you were on the way to a Flaming Lips show!

1 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Dirk Awesome said...

Camera:

I hope the concert was great.

Are you familiar with last.fm? If automatically links your iTunes to a webpage. Check out mine at this address.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home