Sunday, July 23, 2006

iTunes

My brother and sister-in-law gave me a gift card for iTunes for my birthday. I love getting music--it is a thrill that shouldn't feel quite as good as it does. I sometimes feel like the record industry has created an addictive drug that I must continue to consume. I used to swallow up radio, but there is almost nothing interesting left on air. Now I am struggling with choices. 99 cents is a great deal for a song, but I am hesitant to buy an album for $9.99. So I am stuck trying to find songs that I would not ever want to buy the whole album. This is very difficult. I find that I end up buying songs for nostalgia that used to play on the radio. I won't admit just yet what I bought. I've got $15 left to spend--suggestions are welcome. I also find the tracking of my listening habits on iTunes a little disturbing and a bit fascinating. My iPod used to be connected to a laptop, but is now connected to my Mac mini.

Here are my most played songs from the laptop:

Chest Fever (The Band)
Extraordinary Machine (Fiona Apple)
Wings of Thorn (Guided by Voices)
Universal Truths and Cycles (Guided by Voices)
Jesus Hairdo (Charlatans UK)
Stagnation (Genesis)
Huffer (The Breeders)
Storm Vibrations (Guided by Voices)
Carbon Monoxide (Regina Spektor)
Father and Son (Johnny Cash and Fiona Apple)
Forever for Her is Over for Me (The White Stripes)
Looking for Someone (Genesis)
Don't Change (INXS)
The One Thing (INXS)
Hold my Life (The Replacements)
We're Going to be Friends (The White Stripes)
Frosty the Snowman (Fiona Apple)
Dog and Butterfly (Heart)
All Used Up (Sloan)
Have a Heart (Bettie Sereveert)

I know you are saying "camera, where is all the Zeppelin, Yes, and Floyd you speak so fondly of?" I don't have an answer. But this would make a great radio set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home